From: SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx
Date: December 5, 2008 9:03:13 AM PST
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Cruncher line out

Just to reassure those that might have doubts about our line out system,
here is a valued customer who can really play and knows tone. My master engineer
designed it, and it is unlike the rest of the sterile line outs. So yes a
Cruncher will fill a room, but the 410 is still king for overall volume.
Greg Heumann wrote:

"Hi, Gary

I finally got a chance to try the Cruncher's line-out in a "real"
setting - the now infamous Little Fox. I've brought the Cruncher
there before but it hasn't been loud enough for when the place gets
rockin' so I've largely relied on the 410. But because I might add the
line-out to the 410, I wanted to get some experience with your circuit
to see if I was going to like it in concept anyway.

I arrived early and talked to the sound guy to make sure he was signed
up for it. We wired it up and sound checked. It sounded really good.
Throughout the night I played it and several others, including Mark
Hummel played it too. The quality of sound in the PA was excellent - I
was afraid it would be to clean but it wasn't - it really reflected
the Cruncher's true sound and certainly complimented it. Also, because
the mains in that room are above the stage, it raised the center of
the sound, closer to the level of the harp player's head. The tone was
really wonderful. The sound guy liked it much better than mic'ing the
amp too - said he got better signal and less noise than he usually
gets from the amp mic.

I'll be setting up this way again! I don't NEED the line-out on the 410 as much because of the way it fills the room, but with a cooperative sound guy I can see where it increases my options. I'll probably go ahead and do it once I order the parts....

Thanks for everything. (I got the tubes, by the way - thanks!)

/Greg

http://www.blowsmeaway.com
http://www.bluestateband.net