[Harp-L] Larry Adler plays gypsy jazz with Django Reinhardt

I've been playing the chromatic harmonica at various gypsy jazz jams. I was originally inspired by Larry Adler who recorded 4 tunes with Django Reinhardt--My Melancholy Baby, I Got Rhythm, Body and Soul, and Lover Come Back to Me. You can hear samples at

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1027423/a/Django+With +His+American+Friends.htm

Scroll down to Django With His American Friends Album DISC 3 to find these 4 tunes.

Django was Toots Thielemans's first idol and he got to hear Django, but never played with him. Recently, however, Toots played at Carnegie hall with the great gypsy jazz accordionist Ludovic Beier.
This show wasn't recorded, but you can hear Ludovic play with the great gypsy jazz guitarist Angelo Debarre:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqjJznHOSWA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbd4zfQ0eVg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqZdVWfTRa8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5QLPpR3ZbE
and you can find many others on YouTube.

--David Naiditch
www.davidnaiditch.com