Re: [Harp-L] Re: grooving to backing tracks, drum machines, etc...

Thanks Steve.

Of course even that distinction has been blurred with the advent of in-ear monitors ;-).

I forgot to mention in my post that one reason it is advantageous to practice with a metronome (as opposed to or in addition to drum machine, sequencer, backing tracks, and/or humans) is that a metronome is usually more sparse, forcing your brain to interpolate between quarter notes (or whatever you set it to). While generally more difficult, it's really a great exercise!

- Slim.

www.SlideManSlim.com

Steve Baker wrote:
I think Slim has hit the nail on the head with his post. The main difference between performing to backing tracks and recording overdubs is the headphones,

Steve