Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Calling all Harmonica Vendors/ Pocketful of Soul, The Movie

steve warner writes:

"In addition one should hear Jimi Lee's song "Pocket Full of Soul".  A  real
smokin' harp song with a fantastic amplified sound.  The lyrics are  vintage
Jimi Lee."

...and while Jimi's IS a great song, he's a  great guy...don't assume that
it's THE one representative  of the movie because of its title.

That honour goes to Peter 'Madcat' Ruth, whose song was chosen by the
producers Todd and Marc out of hundreds of similarly titled 'pocket full of  soul'
songs entered into the contest they conducted, to best represent their  movie.

Wish we didn't have to wait until 2009 to see it...but it should prove  to be
well worth the wait...given the caliber of harmonica  performers/performances
covered. These two young guys even came to SPAH a couple  of times....were
down in front taping during Jason Ricci's Annual Harp Blow-Off;  I watched an
indefatigable Marc hefting that heavy camera, capturing great  moments
everywhere I'd turn during SPAH 2006 (Denver).

Their documentary covers every aspect of harp playing. The DVD should  prove
to be a 'must-have' collectible for harmonica players.  I know I'll  be first
in line for a signed copy :)

Elizabeth