Re: [Harp-L] RE: Harp-L Digest, Vol 64, Issue 19

You can play chromatics in any position, and you don't need bends or
overblows to complete any of the scales.

However, most chromatics are solo-tuned; the note pattern from the 4, 5, 6,
and 7 holes of your Richter-tuned diatonic is repeated three or four times.
This takes a bit of the fun out of second position. You can't get a complete
G7 chord on a C chromatic harp.

The most popular position to play blues on a chromatic harp seems to be
third: "D" on a "C" harp, for example.

--
Arthur Jennings
http://www.timeistight.com