Re: [Harp-L] Custom Harmonicas: Rick Epping's Role

This one caught my eye from Buddha:

"When I say Joe started the movement, I mean he was the catalyst that
spawned so many to work on their own instruments and to start their
own "custom" shop."

I don't mean to be arguementative or take any of the due credit that Joe deserves, because his work certainly inspired many as they saw what a harp could be. But much of the credit for starting that movement and definitely fueling it and, in the end, making it ultimately possible is Rupert Oysler. I wonder how many harp techs and customizers got their start from his ground-breaking customizing video. I can think of several right off the top of my head Guys y'all have heard of.
That video's been around for years and I still sell quite a few of them.

Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com