[Harp-L] Custom Harmonicas: Rick Epping's Role

Dave writes:

Lee Oskar plays a huge role in all this, the introduction of the idea that you can swap reedplates easy, that you can take X plate and Y plate and make a harp with Z note placement. It was all a marvelous idea.
******
WHile I've never been a fan of the Lee Oskar harps, I embrace the fact that LO set the stage for a lot of what is happening today.

Some of us blame Lee Oskar for Hohner's development of the MS system, since the MS models appeared to be Hohner's response to the emergence of the Lee Oskar line. I'm sure I'm not the only one old enough to remember those days. But there are so many more options available these days. Competition is a good thing.

BTW, in all fairness to Hohner and Steve Baker, I need to qualify my earlier post by pointing out that i have NOT played any WOOD comb Hohner model since BEFORE Lee Oskars hit the U.S. market.

JP