RE: [Harp-L] Hello and RP200

Good morning Richard-

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Hunter [mailto:turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 5:34 AM
To: hqr@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Hello and RP200

"Clayton Gary Lehmann" wrote:

<My name is Gary Lehmann, I am an associate of Harmonica John Frazer, living

<and playing here in San Diego.

<

<I have a Digitech RP200 programmed with Richard Hunter's patches for

<harmonica which I wish to sell.

<

<I think $50 is probably a good price-you pay shipping. Comes with power

<supply and print out of patches.

Gary,

Can I ask candidly why you're selling the device?

I'm not using it and I need the money.

Were you dissatisfied with the sounds, or found something better, or...?

Last night I got it out of storage and hooked it up-I have not been using
it, since mostly I play harp thru my vocal mike.

It's not a device I want to run my vocal thru, that's for sure.

I also tried hooking up a Kaoss pad which was also in storage-that's
probably what I will wind up using.

Also, I'm obliged to remind you that when you bought the patch set, you
agreed to the following terms:

Please note that the patchset is copyrighted material.  You are purchasing

a license for unrestricted personal use of the patchset in any Digitech
RP-series

device owned by you, including both paid and unpaid performance.  Your
license does

NOT allow you to transfer any of the patch data to anyone else in any form,
whether

or not you are paid for the transfer via exchange of money, goods, services,
or

anything else.  If these terms are not acceptable, please don't buy the
patchset.

I can only keep the price low if buyers respect these terms.

You're planning to sell both the device with the patches in it, AND the
print out, both of which violate the terms of this agreement.  As I noted in
my email to you at the time I sold you the patch set, I purposely set my
price for the patch set very low in order to make it possible for people to
buy.  If the patch set gets out "into the wild", I can't afford to sell at
that price.  That means that others won't be able to afford the patch set,
and I won't be able to afford to keep developing new patches.

I have no quarrel with your selling the RP200.  There's a simple reset
procedure described in the manual that will wipe the patch set from memory.
Please use it, and destroy the printout of the RP200 patches before you sell
the device.

Yeah, I bought the unit used from a person on eBay specifically on your
recommendation. Then I programmed it using your printout and tried it a
little bit.

It's not such a big deal to me to lose money on the whole deal. Obviously
you are concerned about protecting your investment.

I was never impressed with what I got from the unit.

Thanks for writing.

Gary