[Harp-L] Reed Chamfering and the Hot Rodder's three angle valve job?

In the early sixties someone produced a paper in the I.Mech.E. proceedings
about the effect on gas flow in an automobile engine of paying careful
attention to dressing off and blending of the inside and outside of the
inlet valve seat. As I remember it the study showed that this minor
reworking of the cylinder head produced a remarkable increase in gas flow -
particularly at partial valve lift - and a comensurate performance increase.
It seems reasonable to me that a similar effect could apply to reed
chamfering and that the improved "aerodynamics" of the chamfered reed might
create more airflow and perhaps more volume as noted by some contributors to
this topic.