[Harp-L] RP250 patch compatibility

Hi all,

In response to a message from a list member, I checked with Digitech, and they offer owners of RP150/250/350 devices a free piece of software that translates patches from one device format to the others, so patches can be exchanged between the different models via computer--no manual setup or translation required.

This means that the patchset I'm developing for the RP250 will also work on the RP350 and RP150 (with the exception of amp models and effects that are present on the RP250 but not present on the RP150).

Prospective buyers should know that the set I'm working on makes heavy use of the footpedal built into the RP250 to modify tones.  In fact, some individual patches amount to 3 or 4 distinctly different setups when you throw in the footpedal.  And you can't use the wah wah at all without the footpedal.

So if you're thinking about checking out my patches sometime, spend the extra 50 bucks for an RP device with a footpedal--i.e., either the RP250 or the RP350.  You'll be very glad you did. (If the money is really an object, note also that used RPs are almost always available in very good or better condition at steep discounts.  A lot of the kids who get them for presents get tired of them fast, and their loss is your gain.  I have two used RPs, and they're every bit as reliable as the one I bought new.)

Regards, Richard Hunter