[Harp-L] FW: Cadillac Records - Little Walter - Defamation

  _____

From: Bill Kumpe [mailto:okbizlaw@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 8:15 PM
To: 'harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Cadillac Records - Little Walter - Defamation

The common law rule is that a personal cause of action dies with the person.
Most states follow this common law rule with a few exceptions like New
Jersey.  Having said that and meaning no disrespect whatsoever for his work
which I deeply admire, everything I have ever read or heard about Little
Walter suggests that he was a deeply troubled, frequently violent, terribly
addicted soul with a vicious temper.  That does not mean that he murdered
the person as depicted in the movie but he was in fact a pretty bad dude.

Bill Kumpe

Attorney at Law

320 S. Boston, Ste. 1026

Tulsa, OK  74103