Re: [Harp-L] christmas present

Hi Casey,

A harmonica present is never a waste of money even if looks like it literally is, it will have some positive effect in any case, if not for the person in question, then somebody else looking at or listening to the instrument.

SP20 is a good choice, but given it's a present, I'd go for the Golden Melody as it looks and feels in hands just great and it really looks like a special gift. GMs though are a bit harder to bend in the key of D though (in comparison with SP20). I'd consider GM in either A or C. I like GMs in A very much for solo purposes: you have A in straight, E in cross and B minor in 3rd position. But that's my opinion.

Hope it helps,

Alex

>>> <casey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 15/12/2008 18:58:13 >>>
Daughter wants to buy boyfriend (plays guitar and piano) a harmonica
.. I?m thinking special 20 or golden melody, but which key ?  .. I
lean towards D major only because its easy to play and would work
straight in D or cross in A .. any thoughts .. (she has about $30.00
left ? after buying him a bunch of other non-musical stuff ? what a
waste!)  .. thanks!!!  And Merry Christmas!!!

Casey