Subject: Re: [Harp-L] singing dog (and cat.....)

I absolutely love all the 'dog singing along' stories.  I can  visualize them
and it makes me smile....especially Tim's poor sad  foxhound...and jerry's
neat play on 'new blood', lol.

 My current dog, Kaya - an American Eskimo, isn't fazed at all by my
harmonica playing (mostly chromatic at this point)...usually lying on the floor
cuddled up with her best kitty buddy Kuma..... smiling benevolently at me. So  I
suspect they both approve...

...however, a couple of years ago I had an all-black cat Misty..who would
sing along whenever I sang...then if I got close enough to the countertop where
she was perched, she'd bite my hair...hard! ..while purring like the
dickens.... then calmly continue 'singing' along with me.  I never  quite knew
whether she was happy about my singing or if my voice  was so  bad I was causing her
physical pain (perhaps a good reason I've never been  brave enough to sing in
public and restrict my performing to  harmonica)  ;)

Elizabeth
PS Fernando...I only wish Eskies would howl instead of yapping. Kaya could
pierce one's ears at close range. They're perfect dogs, otherwise. If I hadn't
rescued her I would have gotten a Siberian, my other most favourite  dog.

Timothy J. Schutte wrote:
> Hi,

I have had several dogs that like to 'sing along' with the harp. Not all
dogs do
it, though. My current pet, Scooby the English Foxhound, gets a sad  look on
his
face and leaves the room when I get out my harp.

Merry  merry and happy happy!
Tim

> bfrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  wrote:
>
>> so...we got a new puppy a week or so ago.   calling him Bearcat from
>> kim wilson's tune  'tigerman'...
>> this afternoon i'm looking to see of there's any  cheaper sp20's than
>> the bunch i bought from MF at $24.95.  on  the hohner site...decide to
>> listen to a sample...bearcat starts  singing along!  he's never howled
>> yet, but he's singing along  with the harp!  i grab a harp and we
>> start jamming!  wife  comes home and hears the music and cant believe
>> it  either!
>> hilarious!

Jerry Deall:
My Basset Hound Burt always sings when I play.
Look on Jason Ricci's  myspace for a pic of him and Jason.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=451220
33&albumID=2007286&imageID=48291257

"Jason Ricci and New Bloodhounds"

Fernando:

I know this thread shows up from time to time. I had a Husky Siberian
called Lara. As you may know, these dogs don't bark, they howl. She
rarely did this, only when the other dogs barked or when I played the
harp near her. She died years ago, I miss her for many reasons, and for
these jam sessions, too.

Fernando  Toral"