Re: [Harp-L] Transposing music

In my opinion,
"Sibelius" is the very best music transcribing software available. Written
by musicians for musicians.
I completely, 100% endorse it! Originally  10 or 15 years ago,the  program
was written to run on the now defunct "Acorn" computer system. At that  time,
the Royal Collage of Music, here in London, bought a complete "Acorn"  computer
system just so that they could use Sibeius!  Now it runs  fine on PC. There is
an alternative version available for Mac OS X and  later.
It prints perfect scores! I've never seen such a wonderful music score
producing and music playing program.
But more than that, it plays back perfectly whatever you choose to  write!
It needs some knowledge of "the dots" to get the maximum out of it, but in
my opinion, Sibelius is the best software available for writing music, and if
you wish, simply playing  back to you what you have written.
IT IS FANTASTIC.
As far as I know, Sibelius is probably the very best music software program
available. I is certainly THE notation program used and recommended by all of
the British music colleges. As "MS Word" has taken over word processing
across  the word, "Sibelius" seems to have done much the same with music notation.
This is my personal opinion, from using "Sibelius" for more than 10  years.
I have nothing to do with the "Sibelius" company,, other than being  a VERY
satisfied customer. I expect the latest version of their software is even
better than the program I am still using.
John Walden
London
England

In a message dated 18/12/2008 20:41:59 GMT Standard Time, EDAmico@xxxxxxx