Re: [Harp-L] Better and cheaper than a Blues Jr!

"Bogen"? Now I'd like to see that marketed in Australia!
RD

>>> mark wilson <markwilson53@xxxxxxx> 19/12/2008 7:28 >>>
I've been meaning to post about this harp amp ever since It arrived
on my doorstep.  To me, it's as good as it gets tone wise.  I'd have
to say it's definitely the best small amp I've ever played through.
Best of all, it's unbelievably affordable..  It's the Bogen CHB-10A,
PA head.  I purchased mine recently from a harp-l member, and was
pleasantly surprised at the tone, and rich harmonics of this amplifier.

On harmony central, the reviewers give this amp 10's across the board
for sound quality,

http://tinyurl.com/59t2b7

I liked it so much, I purchased another one on ebay as a backup, for
a grand total of
$56.55.  Randy L., the guy who makes the Lone Wolf delay pedal, works
with these Bogen heads almost exclusively. He's going to put it into
a cab with a 12" speaker at a very reasonable rate.  If you've
already got a decent extension cab, you can have a very high quality
harp amp for less than a $100.00.

It only has two tubes, a 7868 power, and a 12AX7 preamp, but it puts
out 10 loud watts of power.  It's easily in the same league as a
Blues Jr.  From what I've read on the web, the mojo from this amp
comes from the 7868 power tube, and the oversized transformers, which
for some reason work together to make this amp very musical.  The
bottom of this amp is huge, and the highs are very sweet and
chimey.   To me it has a  horn like sound, almost like a trombone.

You can hear the amp on myspace page.  The song that starts up
automatically when the page loads was recorded using the Bogen (Bring
It).

http://www.myspace.com/checkmarkwilson