From: chicago bluesman <chicagobluesman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: gwoodhouse40@xxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 1:36:17 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] 4 Blow Reed Failures - Is it just me?

4-blow is the read that most often needs re-tuning for me, too.  It goes flat pretty often.  This is because the 4-blow reed is the one actually producing the note when you bend 4-draw.  It's metal fatigue due to the recurrent use of the 4-blow reed when bending 4-draw, a favorite note to bend.  All you can do is try to get proficient with retuning...

John