Re: [Harp-L] Best Harp for Blues?

You'll get 100 different opinions on this one, all good advice.  Here's my
take:

When I feel like spending $50 on a harp the Hohner Marine Band Deluxe is the
best out-of-the-box harp out there.  Great volume, tone and playability.
Excellent harp.  I'd strongly suggest you give it a try.

When I don't feel like spending that much on a harp I get the trusty Hohner
Marine Band Special 20.  Quality has become a bit more spotty that it once
was, but these harps generally are very good.

Yes, some great players swear by the old 1896 Marine Band harp, such as Adam
Gussow.  I have a few and they are good harps, but I personally prefer the
other two.

Your mileage will LIKELY vary...

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog