Re: [Harp-L] 4 Blow Reed Failures - Is it just me?

Perhaps too harsh a reflex comment - no one is bashing as far as I can read
- nothing wrong with helping players understand the realities involved with
efficient technique vs inefficient technique, something that I've experienced
as  a reality rather than just an opinion.

I used to have trouble with the 5 hole until I understood this whole
efficient use of energy - the inhale bends I was SLAMMING, and the 5 hole inhale
bend does not bend down a full half tone. I was using the same force on it as I
would on 4 or 2 inhale - result - blowing out and/or flattening of reed in
this  one hole. Solution - rework my technique. Result - all my harmonicas are
Golden  Melodies at least 10 years old and some of them much older with no blown
out  reeds and retuning needed very infrequently. Works for me, may work for
others  with similar problems.

In a message dated 12/20/2008 4:33:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,