[Harp-L] Re: What's in a name

With apologies, I suggest you change your band name or have them change theirs to one of the following:

Petstream (Don't think about this one too much, but your emblem could be a fire hydrant with a puddle at its base ... )

Netstream (Devise a cyber-symbol ...)

Debtstream (speaks to the financial condition of all musicians ...)

The Jet-O-Matics ( 'matics being a traditional blues band term; hmmm, now that I think about it, the Debt-O-Matics might be better ...)

Jetdreams (I would suggest Wetdreams, but you want to get keep getting gigs)

Or you could devise a hip-hop kinda name like ... well, I don't know, that's outside my area of expertise ... maybe Bloozness Z or something ...

All this in jest, of course. Legally, I believe the band that can prove it used the name first has precedence, unless the other band has legally copyrighted the name, and I'm not sure that's possible.  Any music biz counselors out there? Or you could just combine band members' names to concoct a new name like the Bryant Q. Smith Blues Machine or some such ...

Idle thoughts on a gray, cloudy Sunday while fighting a chest cold that just won't quit ...

Bob Loomis
Concord CA USA