[Harp-L] Re: Amp feedback problems

I play chromatic harmonica (the only one) in a band consisting of  about 6
Saxes, 4 Banjos and 3 accordians. I play by ear and the only way I can  play is
by hearing the notes that I am playing. I have a Suzuki 35 amplifier and  I
need to keep the volume up pretty high in order to hear my playing above all
the louder instruments. When the volume gets to a point that I can hear my
playing, I get a great deal of feedback.Someone advised me to place the amp
behind me on a chair with the amp tilted slightly upward
with my body blocking it but I have not had much success with that. Does
anyone have any advise on how to eliminate the feedback problems. I have the
settings set with the Bass on mid level, the high on mid level and the master
volume about 1/2 setting. I regulate the mike with the mike controls.
Thanks for any advice I can get.
Cheeech
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.