[Harp-L] New Richard Hunter solo piece

Hi all,

I'm making my first new recording of a solo piece (and my first solo harmonica recording in years) available to members of these lists.  I've been working on this piece for some time; among other things, it's difficult to play, because it uses lots of counterpoint at intervals up to and including double octaves.

My goal in this piece was to create a convincing 8th-note bass rhythm against a half-note melody.  The result is kind of stately and gracious, and I think it's not bad music for this holiday season.  (The end of the piece contains a church bell kind of riff.)  Those who are interested in the work of Sam Hinton, or who liked the counterpoint on my own CDs, will be interested in this piece. I put out a lot of work these days with multitracked everything, so I would like to note for the record that throughout the piece, there is only one harmonica playing--the counterpoint on this piece is played in real time on a single instrument.

The structure is pretty simple, and there's a big improvised section where I knew what I wanted in general but was to lazy to write it out.

The piece is played on a Suzuki Firebreath harmonica in standard A tuning.  I've played it on a C and on a low E harp also, and I think it works pretty well in a range of keys, though I wouldn't want to play it on anything much higher than a C harp--you need enough low end to make the bass notes big.

You can download the piece at:
http://hunterharp.com/freemp3s

Please note that this piece, whose title is "Ostinato", is copyrighted material owned by me, and I reserve all rights in it.

Regards and Happy Holidays, Richard Hunter