[Harp-L] Subject: Re: Online simplified radio station..TheRadio.com

This is terrific:

_http://www.theradio.com/_ (http://www.theradio.com/)

.... listened to Sonny Boy Williamson II 'Bring it on Home' from  Blues
Masters, Vol 6, Blues Originals.. on the Classic Blues channel, then next  song up
(streaming) was Muddy Waters..."You Can't Lose what you Ain't Never
Had'...and Charley Patton: 'Pony Blues' from the Martin Scorsese Presents  the Blues: A
Musical Journey (quite a bit from there).

..the sound quality is incredible even on my old speakers (still haven't
hooked up my "new" (2 months' old) Bose computer speakers. This is great to  play
along with...you can pause the music, or skip ahead to the next  song....it
has  an onscreen volume control, and a place to input an  artist's name or song
title...very simplified - pared down.  No rocket  science degree needed
here.....

... Luther Johnson "Lonesome in My Bedroom"  from 'They Call Me The  Popcorn
Man' (fantastic guitar work, harp in the background)....some great stuff
there.....harp on almost every track I've heard so far over an hour or  two (since
I got the link from a friend).....Little Milton: 'Blue Monday'....up  next.

...just found another blues channel: Blues Boulevard: John Lee Hooker,
'Frisco Blues'...Paul Butterfield: "Spoonful'..from The Original Lost Elektra
Sessions; Jimmy Reed, 'Honest I Do'...wow...

...and now a 'smooth blues' channel: just heard Etta James sing Live:
'Rather Go Blind'...and it's an absolutely phenomenal song (I've heard that  Beyonce
Knowles covers it in the movie Cadillac Records, but this version is  from an
older and more gravelly voiced Etta, much more double entendre...just a
brilliant performance).....BBKing, 'The Thrill is Gone'...so there is some cross
over from one blues channel to another...

The blues channels give the album where the song's taken from. No  dates but
one can easily find those online...

. I've also played along with the Instrumental channel and my jazz  channels
too.

....but don't overlook the early 50's..lots of good stuff there too...and I
just noticed a bluegrass channel; 'Chill' (for some good smooth  soul/jazz/r&b
for my personal tastes.  I might have enjoyed  them beginning earlier than
the 50's for older songs to play along with, but I  think most of them can
probably be found on the specialized channels, so will  probably not miss them....

All in all, a most enjoyable way to 'practice' or just listen in for  fun.

Elizabeth

Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now. (h
ttp://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)