[Harp-L] Re: sound card

Steve, make sure the mic boost is turned off.  The mic boost will add
20db of gain.  If you are going to get into recording with a computer
then it would be a good idea to invest in a usb or firewire external
audio interface such as the M-Audio Fast Track series.  Starting at
$99 for the Fast Track.  Or look around for a used interface.  An
external interface will make recording easy for you.  --Joe