[Harp-L] An english question

Hi Everyone,

So far I haven't managed to find out what is the english term for the band, which plays before a more famous band. For example when Rolling Stones does a concert somewhere, they usually do not step on stage right away, but at least one "less significant" band would "prepare the audience" before they come. What is the term for such a band in english? In my language we say "pre-band" but I guess this doesn't make any sense in english.

thanks
Zombor