Re: [Harp-L] tube swaps

I've tried the KT66 vs. the 6L6WGC STR in my 8-watt 5F2H class A harp amp,
and I prefer the KT66.

The KT66 is slighly lower power ouput (in my application) than the 6L6, but
it has a very warm, crunchy sound that I like a lot; a unique tone.  On the
scope the amp produces about a half watt less with the KT66.  Honestly, they
both sounded great.

In my amp I use different rectifiers with each tube:  A 5Y3 with the 6L6,
and a GZ34 with the KT66.  (I use the Weber Copper Caps).  Also, that big
KT66 looks really cool cooking away with its brilliant blue glow, if that is
important to you...

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/