[Harp-L] Reed failure and breath force.

I believe some harmonica models are more susceptible to reed failure that
others. It seems to me, the easier the reed is to bend, the more likely one
is to stress the reed. Some models have tighter slot tolerances so more of
your breath force is applied to the reed.This is one reason I do not
recommend custom/customized harmonicas to beginners unless they have an
instructor.

As far as competing with a guitar, I prefer to let the amp do the work. If
my amp, or line to the PA cannot compete, I do not believe what little extra
volume I can get by blowing harder will make a difference.