[Harp-L] '65 Princeton Reverb Reissue has adjustable bias

Interesting item: I emailed Eurotubes to get a quote on a warmer sounding set of replacement tubes for my Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue since I think the stock tubes sound a little harsh. As anticipated, Bob Pletka (the owner) sent me a very informative and detailed reply, which included the following bit of information:

The big difference in the reissue of this amp is that the reissue is adjustable bias where the originals were fixed bias. Any decent tech can adjust the bias on your amp for between 40.00 to 50.00 but if you would like to be in control of your tone then we highly recommend doing this yourself. You can see a video on how to do it here, http:// www.eurotubes.com/euro-Fender-DeluxeV.htm This video is on a Deluxe Reverb but the procedure is exactly the same for the Princeton Reverb Reissue.

We have single bias probes that you can use with a multimeter for 25.00 and if you don’t have a multimeter we have them for 10.00.

I’m not much of an amp tech myself (nor much of a harmonica tech for that matter), but I know some of you have such inclinations so I thought you might find this interesting.

Best regards,

JP