Re: [Harp-L] The final word on Comb Materials

Before the "SPAH" in Detroit, August 1997, I believed that comb  materials
had a considerable affect on the sound of the harmonica.
Vern proved to me at that I was 100%  wrong.
Whereas, I appreciate that to the player there is a difference to the  "feel"
of the harp when you are playing it, I think that we proved at that  seminar
that the audience simply can't tell the difference!
No more no less...  And YES, I was the harmonicist demonstrating the  various
comb materials at that seminar. I WANTED THERE TO BE A DIFFERENCE TO THE
SOUND! There wasn't. These days I prefer a metal comb on my harmonica, but not
because of the sound. Because it feels good and doesn't swell and  crack like
wooden combs do!
John Walden
London
England