Re: [Harp-L] How long should a harmonica last?

Well, I'm still playing a "Super Chromonica" in "g" that my big  sister gave
to me when I was  8 years old.. I'm 60 now.  ok  It was re-tuned last year,
but is  still going strong!
I have a "Larry Adler 16" my mom gave me when I was 14... That's still  fine.
46 years later. YES Bill Romell replaced the comb when the wood one split
with one of his "plexiglass" specials, about 10 years ago,, but other than that,
 it is as originally built.
However, I tend to blow out diatonics every 2 or 3 weeks.
Chromatics last longer than diatonics.
However, I have a few diatonics still in my "working kit" from 40 years  ago!
John Whiteboy Walden
London
England