[Harp-L] Bill Rommel's combs

I got a 270 with one of the Desert Fox's combs on it for various repair, it was my first look at one of those since my wife doesn't let plastic combs in the house. ;) She did, however, make an exception for this. Why? Because it's a functional work of art.
There's really nothing I did not like about this comb on first glances. since it's transparent, you get a panoramic view of the harp innards, without taking it apart. Only thing you can't see from the bottom are the reeds themselves, because of the machining. One thing that impressed me right away were the small channels. There is no wasted space in there, I imagine that's a big plus for response, I haven't really played it yet and won't until after the repair.
The inserts, and I never like inserts, but like these.. they are really good. Whatever buffer tube he's using is King of Buffer Tubes. It's a really good buffer tube, I"m going to try to get me some.
Point is, it's a great comb, well worth the $$$. As Hank WIlliams would say, it's "High Tone."
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com