RE: [Harp-L] If you had to carry/use one key...?

Probably a Bb or an A, partly based on my repertoire as a singer and the ease of three positions on these harps.
For instance if I were going to sit in with someone for three tunes and only had one harp it might go something like this:
1) a shuffle in E or F in 2nd position or an Eddie Taylor shuffle in Bb or A in 1st position.
2) Muddy Waters/Chicago Slow blues in E or F in 2nd position, a Sonny Boy II slow Blues Bb or A in 1st position, or a George Smith style slow Blues in 3rd, C or B.
3) Jump in E, F  in 2nd position or C in 3rd.

Ryan
www.ryanhartt.com