Re: [Harp-L] Seydel models? Which one to get?

Am Freitag, 26. Dezember 2008 schrieb captron100@xxxxxxx:
>  Since i bought
> them a few years ago, perhaps Seydel has?made changes to the line,
> but that Soloist?harp has wood combs that are rounded but the ends
> of the tines do NOT protrude like the 1847.? Also, it doesn't have
> the high gloss finish on the wood like the 1847's.?? ?

Seydel sells a "Solist" model and a "Solist Pro" model. The Solist Pro
model comes with the same comb as the 1847, however the first Solist
Pros were only laquered once and didn't have the high gloss finish
either. Though the comb of these early  series was perfectly sealed
too, the surface was still pretty rough.

> Since i
> replace reeds when needed, I try to stick with harps that have
> interchangeable reeds.? Dave, are Seydel reeds interchangeable with
> handmade/classic Hohner's reeds?? (I understand that the 1847's are
> all long slot.) ron

Hohner reeds won't fit, however Seydel sells replacement reeds.

Unfortunately they DON'T provide replacement reeds for the 1847 model.
Personally i'm very dissapointed of this fact. The Seydel homepage
proclamis, that they provide replacement parts for their products,
including reeds! Breaking with this policy on their most expensive
model is a shame and a offense for those who bought the Seydel reed
replacement  toolkit (such as me).

--
Gruß,Frank