Re: [Harp-L] Two Great You Tube Videos

the video about robert nighthawk is from 1964 and it is part of a dvd called "and this free "about maxwell st Âthe nighthawk segnent shown on you tubet has been edited from the larger work and is infact i only in part the music from the dvd. the dancer actually was dancing to a different track but they made it fit, check out and this is free . it has blues, gospel and country music.
-----Original Message-----
From: James <wasabileo@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 7:24 am
Subject: [Harp-L] Two Great You Tube Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgxGDxZYfG4&feature=related

Happy New Year everyone. Thank you all for making Harp-I the wonderful resource
that is is. I have learned so much interacting on these threads.

Anyhow, I came across these clips totally by accident.

The first is a BE&WE clip of Walter Horton Floyd Jones. The video quality is not
great but the music is raw and intense and it displays Horton's value as a side
man. He really helps the tune

The second contains no harp, but in my opinion is priceless!! Its Robert
"Nighthawk Lee McCoy live on Maxwell Street. I assume its sometimes in the
middle to late 50's Nighthawk did play harp and Walter Horton did sit in on
other sessions. Check out his playing and the dancing! This is not some MTV
choreographed skit but real people feeling the music and "getting happy" trying
to forget their tribulations. Hey, think=2
0of it as a "jam tracks"

Database version: 5.11420