[Harp-L] chuck@fatbottom-mics.com

Just here to say, after decades of playing amplified harp, I decided to treat myself to a truely custom harp mic. After approx 18 mos of researching elements and custom builders, I was more confused than when I started-then I stumbled upon Chuck Gurney at fatbottom mics-sent one e-mail asking for info on the various elements. Chuck was an absolute wealth of knowledge and info, and was eager to share it WITHOUT trying to push anything on me. Ended up sening off my burned out JT-30 shell to him for a black cr element, volume control and paint. What I got back was a better than new, (inside and out) mic with that elusive tone I've been chaseing for years! The automotive grade paint is deep and rich, the v/c has a smooth gradual rolloff (the billet aluminum knob is a very classy touch also) BUT-oooh the tone--the "fatbottom" is incredible-a no. 1 draw bend sounds like a finely tuned vintage pipe organ-the mids have a sweet, brassy, hornlike tone and the highs are open and airy i!
 nstead of fingernails on a chaulkboard! On top of all that, Chuck's a really nice guy with an obvious passion for his work. Even if you"re not on the market for a custom mic, I recommend visiting chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx have stong willpower tho! Take note of his list of "standard" features included w/every build. If you"re out there Chuck, thanks, my friend, very nicely done!!