[Harp-L] hohner blues harp

In a message dated 1/31/2008 12:01:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, TomEHarp
writes:

After 38 years of playing a marine band i had to get a blues harp  the other
night cause they didnt have a marine band in the key of A. and i love  it.its
nice on the 9 and 19 blow. the reason i never played one is because  everybody
from walter to sonny to butter to dick and many more play a marine  band.
what is
the differnce ??

The Blues harp is modular, meaning u can buy replacement  reedplates.  Their
reeds are of a different size than the classic, aka  "handmade".  MB's are in
the classic/handmade line.  Tho modulars  are assembled with screws, I am not
a fan of either modular  or stock MB's.  Hohner lost me on the modulars years
ago with terrible  products.  I hear they are better now.
   Re MB's, i will never buy a harp that is assembled with  nails vs. screws
because the reed plates never seal as well after u take them  apart (for
maintenance, gapping, tuning).
ron

48)