Re: [Harp-L] Canadian Sunset

Mudharp wrote:
> I've heard two versions of this tune with harp playing the
> lead in unison with guitar. One was Charlie Musselwite on
> the 1976 "Blue Bay" San  Francisco Blues compilation on
> Messaround Records. The other version I  heard only once on
> some NPR program but have no idea who the band  was. It was
> a killer rendition with beautiful harp work and I'd love to
> know who  it was. I know it's long shot on such skimpy info,
> but does anyone know who that  may have been?

My friend, Dallas harmonica player Paul Harrington, has a version on
his CD "Harmonica Soul Serenade".  You can catch a clip of it here:
http://www.harpwizard.com/canadiansunset.mp3

Don't recall if he does the melody in unison with the guitar (not on
the clip anyway), but his harp work is very tasty!

-tim