Re: [Harp-L] harp and sax

I've done some jazz with sax players. I used a chromatic in that setting. Saxes are already loud and then, of course, they are going to play through a PA. Unless your amp is also going through the PA, you will be very challenged to get a good blend going.

I haven't tested this yet, but a fat sounding tube pre-amp used as a DI box might be a good compromise. My Studio Projects VTB 1 pre-amp has a 1/4" intrument jack on the front which is perfect for a bullet mic if you prefer to use diatonic.

Crank the tube setting up and it might make an excellent blend with a sax.

Gary Popenoe