[Harp-L] Re: top three notes.

I too had serious problems making the upper holes sound nice, and for years I too stayed away from them. Then I watched Adam Gussows YouTube lessons on third position, and on using the upper octave, and, using his advice was quickly playing sweet notes up there! The main advice that worked for me related to embouchure: He said play with "fat" "kissy" lips, not scrunched up "old lady" lips! LOL! sounds funny, but it WORKS! After that, blow bends were a snap! Still working on that 6 overblow though (and the 4 and 5 as well :)
Btw, I play marine bands and blues harps, and was still having trouble. So I don't think it has anything to do with brand...

Be a better friend, newshound, and