[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 54, Issue 9

Hello, Richard Hunter.

Thanks for the information about Don Les' playing on Harmonicat Boogie. I
highly respect your playing, harmonica experience, and your sharing of your
experiences and harmonica advice.

I've used your Jazz Harp book for many years. It's got many great
transcriptions, techniques and information. It was the first intermediate level  book
that I found to be useful. As we all know, there are hundreds of harmonica
books available for study, but only a few are truly great books. Jazz Harp is  one
of the rare greats.

I've been re-arranging Harmonicat Boogie for my use. I found the complete,
"stock" version in the Jerry Murad book, "Jerry Murad's Harmonicat Technique
for  the Super Chromonica," published by Pallma Music Products Corp., Chicago
(copyright Jerry Murad, 1949). The method book is currently out of print.

Combining your transcribed solo of the Harmonicat Boogie in your Jazz  Harp
book, and the Murad arrangement, and by listening to the Harmonicat
recordings, my arrangement is almost ready for performance.

Now all I have to do is practice.

Thanks again.

John Broecker

48)