[Harp-L] Re:7 - 10 holes

I can't believe so many are having this discussion about not being to play
from 7  - 10, so I will jump in..  This  is part of the 10  hole diatonic, no
OB, OD's, just playing the upper register and understanding  where the notes
are. Map then out on a C harp, with a half step down from 8 -  10. There are two
bends on the 10 hole blow, but the first half step is rarely  needed and does
not fit in most songs. Most sound like pucker players, nothing  wrong with
that, Most TB'ers will revert to pucker when it comes to upper  register, EXCEPT
I will say it again, Mitch Kashmar, who is playing the 10 blow  bend to the 1
all in TB which is extremely impressive. Buy his CD's, he plays  some nice
sweet runs in second position out of nowhere. Instead of squeezing  your cheeks
together to get the note or bend, what I call the Kashmar waiver, is  when he
hits the 7 blow and holds it with a light throat vibrato, which after
teaching him how to TB, I spent a year learning in pucker. You need to be  totally
relaxed up there, it will open up first position to new heights. If you  need to
learn it with your tongue, it is simply hitting the note saying TA, then
pulling the tongue back as you say Tooo. I am hoping to do my first solo seminar
in Hartford, Ct., sometime in Oct. of this year God willing. First half will
be  Sonny Terry and the breakdown of his most famliar licks and chugging,  so
you can go home and play them, or at least understand them, then the second
half  will focus on all Electric, how to achieve a deeper tone, TB'ing, and
using the  upper register not only in first but in all three positions. When you
practice  just feel the difference in how you must approach each of the 7 -
10, and learn  how to bend them. But all means buy Mitch's Wake up and Worry, he
plays at least  two songs, one in first, the other in second, it is his
fluidity and the way he  holds notes up there that is so astounding. Kim is great,
I have seen him a ton  of times, walk through the crown without a mic in first
position, there is a  whole new world up there. Practice this other half of
the harp with either a G  or A harp for ease to bend, then when your mouth
becomes comfortable with what  position your tongue needs to be in for bending,
you can work your way up keys.  Kim is doing a simple 9 hole blow, 9 hole bend,
8 hole blow, 8 blow bend, back  up to 8 hole blow or 7 hole blow, I did not
spend a lot of time on it.

48)