Re: [Harp-L] Wireless Rig

Eric Brown <eric_brown1998@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am looking for a good wireless rig. Can anyone
suggest one that they had good success with. Something
easy to dial in at an affordable price would be ideal

i use the samson airline 77, and have been extremely happy with it. playing wireless is *great*. in my case, i use an audix fireball, so i got the one with the AX-1 transmitter, about the size of a disposable ligher, which plugs into an xlr mic output. the combination of the mic and transmitter is still smaller and lighter than your basic vocal mic, and it's all i need with me. when i'm not playing, it lives in the small zippered pouch the audix came in, attached to my belt (along with a small LCD flashlight) with a carabiner. http://www.zzounds.com/item--SAMAIR77SAXQ7 it also comes with a pretty nice mic, which i don't use, but could come in handy as a spare vocal mic.

I play blues using Special 20's through a 59 Bassman
reissue. I have been playing through a Harmonica
Honker for many years as my mic of choice.

for the honker, with its 1/4 out, you'd need their wireless setup intended for guitar. a slightly different part number, i think it's more or less the same price. http://www.zzounds.com/item--SAMAIR77SAG1

--
Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me.
I'm a blues man.  I am a prisoner of hope.