Re: [Harp-L] Re:Best Little Walter player

I've spent 10 or 11 extended weekends working along with Dennis at various Jam Camps over the last several years, and I can say without a doubt
that he is one of the true innovators on our instrument. All the pro's we've worked with over the years are exceptional players, but in my mind, Dennis
is a huge stand out. He can do all the traditional blues to perfection , BUT, he's goes way, way beyond all the stuff that was done in the 40's
and 50's. I can also say that if all you have of Dennis are the 3 recording he put out between 1999 and 2001, you have no idea what he is capable of
now. His three cd's are great, but he's a completely different player now. To get a taste, go to his myspace page,

http://www.myspace.com/gruenling

and watch his take on "when to Saints go marching in" (a video towards the bottom), or check out the last video starting at about 3 minutes. Recorded last year in Europe,
I presume on his mac, so the quality isn't great, but it gives you an idea what he's up to now. There's also a video of him playing chromatic at a camp we did last year in Portland.

Mark