Re: [Harp-L] when I become famous, I will remember those that helped me

G. E. Popenoe wrote:
<Fame has to be a really wierd place to live.

I am reminded of Bill Murray, who said (and I quote) in a TV interview: "If you think you want to be rich and famous, why don't you just try rich, and see if that doesn't do it for you?"

That said, I liked the clip that was posted at Buddha's Grove.  But I have a question for GG: why do you want to be famous?  What do you think it's going to do for you?

Not a lot of people outside of the music community know who Rob Paparozzi is.  But he plays with some of the heaviest hitters in the business, and he makes a decent living doing it.  He concentrated on being a great all-around player and a total professional.  It sure worked for him.

If you can figure out what it is that you want fame to do for you, maybe you'll find out that fame per se isn't necessary to accomplish your goals.

But maybe it is.  If so, good luck.

Regards, Richard Hunter
latest mp3s always at http://broadjam.com/rhunter