Re: [Harp-L] Re: Cleaning Chromatics

I've heard all kinds of exotic ways from high tech cleansers to ultrasonic cleaners.

Micheal Burton turned me on to a simple practical cleaner. Listerine.

The straight stuff not the mint. I dismantel the mouth piece/ slide and use a tooth brush.

If the slide gets sticky during a gig, I put a little into the joints at the button end of the intrument. (this is usually where the sticking occurs for me)

The great thing is you can get these items at any drug store.

Gary Popenoe