Re: [Harp-L] fame

On Feb 11, 2008, at 3:37 AM, G. E. Popenoe wrote:

What city do you live in?

Gary Popenoe

On Feb 10, 2008, at 3:49 PM, "groovy gypsy" <groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I was recently flipping channels and came across a concert with Chris Botti.
My wife says "you could be doing that and your music is much more
captivating" She's right.

I get the same thing from MY wife too. One has to cast a 'woogie eye' on such confirmations. Did someone say 'biased'. ?
My wife is constantly telling me that I'm too big for this earth. Then again, she thinks my singing sucks.

Some people want (to) aspire to be a great musician or to play with a famous
musician. I've already accomplished that. What I haven't accomplished is
touring the world and having thousands of people come to hear my music and
millions of people buy my CDs.

Ya kinda have to have the whole package. It helps (but certainly not imperative) to:
1... have had supportive parents when you were starting out.....I didn't
2... talent
3... looks.....you either have to be good looking or unusual looking.....normal doesn't seem to cut it. Homely (me) doesn't cut it either.
4... write your own stuff....that way, you get to keep more of the fruits of your labors
5... sing....either a good voice (Humperdink), or catchy (Leon Redbone)
6... play other instruments
7... be a good music writer & reader
8... have a personality
9... have business savy
10. be smart
11. be able to handle the fame if/when it comes
12. have connections
13. be wealthy....that way, you can endure dry spells. AND, you could be playing instead of working a day job
14. be able to sleep in strange beds (I never could)
15. be unusually energetic
16. have an ego
17. like to travel....a LOT

I can go on and on, but to what purpose.

Stevie

Kinda fits what I was talking about above

I put it out there for anyone to judge and not one negative comment came back.

That doesn't mean that the other 6,529,840,540 other people are going to buy what you're selling.

thank you. gg

You're quite welcome. smokey-joe