Subject: [Harp-L] re:the Lowest G???

Yes, and one of MY most memorable Buckeye moments was walking into the
'store' and hearing/seeing a video of you playing 'Stranger on the Shore' on a
veeeerrry  low harp (don't recall which key, but 'think' it was a low,  low F?)...

You were being teased unmercifully by your friends, for the: 'strolling on
the sand, waves washing ashore, gulls honking overhead' video.  It was  great.
:)  First time I'd heard such a low harp.  I bought a low  F diatonic the
next day.

Elizabeth

"Message: 4
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:48:05 -0500
From: Rupert Oysler  <orupert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Seydel makes the LG harp in the Session  and the Favorite models. The 4th
hole blow is a 4th below middle C, and the  1st hole blow is an octave
below that. The lowest harp Seydel makes is the  LLF, and the 1 hole draw
is the same as the 1 hole blow on the LG. I fell in  love with the low
tones on these harps, and in fact that is how I first came  to know of
Seydel (before that I was making my own low low harps).

I  can bend all the lower notes on these harps using no extra lung power,
but  using an expanded resonance chamber. It has taken a lot of patient
practice  for me to develop this resonance, and it was a sound that I
became very  passionate about producing, so I was interested and willing
to take time and  energy to develop this. When I've witnessed people try
to bend these harps  using extra lung power it just results in stopped
out reeds etc.

Even  without effective bends, these harps create beautiful low tones,
and can be  used for octaves, back-up work, and playing the middle
register, and they  make a great addition to your arsenal to switch down
form a regular G, A, or  LF. But I just love those low bends in the 1, 2,
and 3  draw....

Rupert  Oysler
www.seydelusa.com

Awards. Go to AOL Music.