Re: Fw: [Harp-L] How would you interview these guys?

Add Mark Hummel, Gary Primich and Greg Finger's Taylor to the list of harp greats Doug Deming has backed up.

Hal Iwan <haliwan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>Mick Zaklan wrote:
> I'd ask Dennis who his horn influences are and how he incorporates them
> into his playing. And I'd make him play an example of this. Not that
> that
> would translate into print, but a lot of guys claim they're influenced by
> horn players. Dennis really studies sax and trombone solos. I'd ask
> Steve
> to talk about what he learned working with the late, great bluesman Jimmy
> Rogers. I'm not familiar with Doug Demming, don't know what I'd ask him.

Doug Deming is a local(Detroit area) great and versatile guitar
player/singer that has moved up a few notches. By that I mean he backs Kim
Wilson several times a year, at last years annual winter blues fest his band
backed Charlie Musselwhite as the headline act. Touring with Dennis G and
now Steve Guyger. Has toured across the US and in Europe recorded his cd in
California with some heavies from there. He is very harp friendly as you can
tell. I would ask him about his traditional Chicago style playing as well as
his west coast influences. I'd also ask him why he chose harmonica as a key
element in his band. Just my spin as I know Doug fairly well.

Hal in MI