[Harp-L] Re: Visual appeal and harmonica/singers

Paul deLay was also able to connect with the audience on a very personal level.
I think that endeared him to his fans as much as his playing.
HaHa! One time he came and sat at the table with me(a complete nobody who just wanted to buy a CD) at break time and we yakked it up the whole break.
Another time, I tried to buy his (then) new CD, _Heavy Rotation_, from his web site.
The ad said he would autograph it if I bought it directly.
Peter Damman(his guitar player) called me at home to tell me Paul was out doing solo work and asked if I would mind waiting a week for delivery.
Well, I know that's not exactly what you're looking for but I think it demonstrates that the personal touch is what makes the difference, both on and off stage..