[Harp-L] Visual appeal and harmonica/singers

Hey Bill,
  Paul DeLay was unknown to me until I got on this list. I bought 5 of his Cd's and some of his songs, and singing, are very moving. Your experience with him fits with the persona on his recordings.
  Very self aware and very honest.
  I agree with the posts about harp players engaging the audience, showing the fun they are having, moving around- or taking a break off-stage.
  Someone told me the difference between an amateur and a pro is that a amateur sounds pro on a good night, and a pro sounds pro on a bad night.
  Kim Wilson impressed me at two shows in Annapolis Ramshead with his relaxed demeanor and lots of eye contact. Very pro. Not extravagant, but solid.

  Thanks,
  BB
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
  From- 14 Feb 2008 19:11:36 -0500
 Bill Rossoll billrossoll@xxxxxxxxx
 Re: Visual appeal and harmonica/singers

  Paul deLay was also able to connect with the audience on a very
personal
level.
I think that endeared him to his fans as much as his playing.
HaHa! One time he came and sat at the table with me(a complete nobody
who just wanted to buy a CD) at break time and we yakked it up the
whole
break.
Another time, I tried to buy his (then) new CD, _Heavy Rotation_, from
his web site.
The ad said he would autograph it if I bought it directly.
Peter Damman(his guitar player) called me at home to tell me Paul was
out doing solo work and asked if I would mind waiting a week for
delivery.
Well, I know that's not exactly what you're looking for but I think it
demonstrates that the personal touch is what makes the difference, both

on and off stage..