Re: [Harp-L] Re: Volume Control

Mudharp@xxxxxxx wrote:

I use one most of the time and about half of my mics have them built in but I can't help feeling that it compromises my sound in some way.

i'm curious: do you feel that way because you actually hear a difference, or because you believe it's supposed to? for people that believe it does, would anyone care to explain how it does that? what the effects are, and why? would it only be a problem when the volume is turned down, or does just having a control in the circuit do it?

i'm not being argumentative, just looking to understand it better.
i'm always up for learning more about how audio and electronics work.
but for me personally, i don't care.  i chose a mic, i like it, it has
volume control, and that proves useful to me.  i'm still at the stage in
my playing that i've got much bigger things to worry about than whatever
effect a VC might have.

--
Optimism and pessimism don't exist for me.
I'm a blues man.  I am a prisoner of hope.